Pediatrician in Gurgaon – Dr. Siddhartha Gogia
One of the readers of this site (thanks Prabhakaran) wrote in almost a month ago to tell me about a pediatrician that he visits for their baby boy, his name being Dr. Siddhartha Gogia. It took me a while to put together this article based on his recommendation, but here it is finally.
Coincidentally, I have had the opportunity to interact with Dr. Gogia directly as well, so I am including my impression as well after Prabhakaran’s.
Here’s what Prabhakaran had to say about Dr. Gogia:
- very good experience so far.
- really good with children.
- does not give unnecessary medication.
- responds to your questions very promptly.
Now for my impression of Dr. Gogia. First of all, I have to agree with Prabhakaran overall. Below is our experience with Dr. Siddhartha Gogia, who we met after my wife delivered a baby at Max hospital last week. He was the attending pediatrician during the delivery.
Our daughter ‘Aanya’ was born with a slight case of fluid in her lungs which caused her to grunt while breathing. This can happen, and usually clears out on its own. Dr. Gogia was very patient in answering all my questions, and thanks to his calm manner, I felt myself not getting overly worried. This is important because a lot of times doctors tend to act self important and not explain properly what the issue is.
To monitor Aanya, they kept her in the NICU for one day. Dr. Gogia visited her regularly and kept us updated on her status. What I liked was his continuous attitude towards not doing unnecessary tests or giving not required medication. They just kept her under observation.
At this stage, it is very safe for me to say that he looks like a competent pediatrician, and I have decided to continue with him for the follow up sessions for Aanya. Let’s see if he turns out to be as good as the initial impression in the long run.
Here’s some more information about Dr. Gogia:
- he practices out of Max Hospital and his private clinic in DLF Phase IV.
- his contact details are: 9971799012 and email@example.com.
- he has a website at http://childspecialist.wordpress.com/ – this website contains a collection of articles about various topics related to parenting and child care. On first look, all these articles seem to be copied from various places on the Internet – so these are not his own publication; however, it is still a good place to go to find all this information in one place.
Has anyone consulted with Dr. Gogia – please mention your experiences (good and bad) in the comments.