Spas in Gurgaon
Update: since the time of this post, the number of Spas in Gurgaon has gone up by more than 10x. This post is not so relevant anymore (though some of the spas mentioned in here and in the comments are still operating) as there are so many more options available. My only advice for people is to do some checking before visiting a spa since a lot of these spas are not offering superior treatments in terms of massage and body work, but instead are more interested in catering to that segment of the clientele which is interested in something more. There are still some great spas where you can get properly trained professionals.
In the past few years the number of Spas in and around Gurgaon have gone up considerably, with most of them pulling in a lot of crowd. There is nothing more rejuvenating than an hour of massage after a hectic week of work.
Here is a list of all the Spas in Gurgaon that I know about (and there are many more).
- Sawasdee (website) – this is a new entry (updated Mar 15, 2010) on the Gurgaon Spa scene, and is definitely the best I have been to in NCR. This is located in Ambience mall on NH8. My review of their facility is found here. Update (Nov 29, 2010): while I haven’t been back here, a lot of readers have mentioned that the quality of services has declined. New Update (Jul, 2009): their service quality is top notch once again.
- Soul Spa (website) – this is a full-fledged spa in Galaxy Hotel located behind 32nd milestone on NH8. They offer a large variety of treatments and massages. Some folks have posted their reviews of this facility in the comments on this page
- Riviera Spa (website)– this one is located in Bristol Hotel on Mehrauli Gurgaon road. They are more expensive than most when it comes to treatments, and do offer a range of Swedish and Ayurvedic massages. They don’t have an online menu of their treatments, but you can always call them by phone and ask.
- Body Spa (website) – this is a spa with a small number of massage treatment options. It also offers reflexology treatments. This is located in Grand Mall on Mehrauli Gurgaon road. This was one of the first non-hotel Spas in Gurgaon.
- Heavenly Spa (website) – This spa is located in the Westin Sohna Resort which is a full-fledged resort and so is a little out of the way. You have to go down Sohna road to reach this. It offers a variety of treatments which you can see on their website.
- Oriental Senses (website) – This massage parlor is located in Mega Mall and in MGF Metro Mall; they offer Traditional Thai, Shiatsu, and Foot Massages. I have written a review of their services here. They also offer spa services at your home for ladies.
- Blue Terra Spa (website) – Located in SuperMarket 1, DLF Phase IV. There are a bunch of reviews in the comments by folks who have tried this place. I went here a few weeks ago, and I came back impressed. Highly recommended.
- Spa Evanthe (website) – This is located in DLF MegaCity Mall (on MG Road). According to one of the reviews posted here in the comments, it is a good place. And judging by their website, it looks like it is a pretty professional outfit. Here’s a review of Spa Evanthe.
- Seven Seas Spa (website) – This place is located on Sohna road in the Omaxe Wedding Mall. Someone has posted a review in the comments.
- Tattva Spa Service (website) – These guys are a bit different. They only provide services at your home (as far as I understand). If anyone has used them, please leave a comment with your experience.
- Levo Spalon (website) – theirs is one of the classiest websites. I haven’t tried them yet. They offer both Spa and Salon services. If I go, I will post a review.
- Aroma Thai Foot Spa (website) – more than just a foot spa, they have many branches in NCR. There is one in Ambience mall in Gurgaon. Here’s my review of Aroma Thai.
Two other places have received mixed reviews in the comments, and they don’t have websites:
- Body Nation – in DLF City, Phase 1. Searching the Internet for their contact details reveal multiple numbers, so the best bet is to call Just Dial.
- Sparsh – This place is in Ansal Mall in Palam Vihar. Once again, the contact details can be had from Just Dial.
There are two others that I know of, but don’t remember their names. One is an Ayurvedic Massage Center in Mega Mall, and another is very new Spa and Fitness Center on Golf Course Road (after the Golf Course).
In addition, almost all of the five star hotels in Gurgaon have their own Spas. I just have been lazy about listing them.
All contact information for these Spas can be checked by calling 011-22222222 (Just Dial).
If you guys know of any other Spa, just leave the name and location in the comments.
List Updated: September, 2010 – I noticed that a number of new Spas have opened up in this area. And so, the list has been updated. Thanks for everyone’s comments.